[llvm-dev] (Thin)LTO llvm build

Carsten Mattner via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Sep 26 08:08:59 PDT 2016

On Mon, Sep 26, 2016 at 4:25 PM, Teresa Johnson <tejohnson at google.com> wrote:
> No worries, thanks for the update. Teresa

2048 wasn't enough. Bumped to 4096. Only 1300 ninja targets left.

Once I've been successful with this, I might try building a ThinLTO Firefox
or maybe Chromium, although browsers usually have PGO profiles one
can run for feeding back real-world exercise. Not sure if PGO can be
combined with LTO, or if it makes sense at all...

What would be more fun is combining ThinLTO for C code with MLton
for SML code when building Ur/Web.