[llvm-dev] Auto-vectorization optimization passes cost

Stéphane Letz via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Sep 26 02:22:22 PDT 2016

Hi,

I see that the BBVectorize optimization pass is awfully slow in the kind of LLVM IR code that we generate and JIT (tested with LLVM 3.8).  I also activate LoopVectorize and SLPVectorize which are much faster. Since AFAIR BBVectorize was developed first in the history of auto-vectorization passes, what is the status of these different passes? Can we safely only use LoopVectorize and SLPVectorize ? Do they cover the same use cases that BBVectorize was solving?

Thanks.

Stéphane Letz