[llvm-dev] Commit zlib source code into to llvm repo

Chris Lattner via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Sep 25 12:48:33 PDT 2016

> On Sep 23, 2016, at 10:44 AM, Vitaly Buka via llvm-dev <llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> Is it possible to add zlib source code into llvm repo? Any advice on how to do so?

Are you asking whether it is possible to add it to your local repository, or to the mainline llvm.org <http://llvm.org/> distribution?  In the case of the former, it just requires cmake hacking.  For the later, we’d need to have extreme justification of why it is absolutely necessary.  It isn’t a goal of llvm to include all dependencies out of the box, and each one we pick up introduces new complexities.

-Chris