[llvm-dev] Error to generate getRegisterName

Visoiu Mistrih Francis via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Sep 21 17:44:26 PDT 2016

Hello,

The 09/21/2016 11:37, Varun Patil via llvm-dev wrote:
> I am facing error to generate getRegisterName, while registering my TOY
> target to llvm. So It is giving error as follows.
> *undefined reference to `llvm::TOYInstPrinter::getRegisterName(unsigned
> int)'*

`getRegisterName` is a function generated in the `GenAsmWriter.inc`
file. In order to use that function, you have to include its definition
in `TOYInstPrinter.cpp`. You should take a look at how other targets
include their `GenAsmWriter.inc` file in the `InstPrinter`.

--
Francis Visoiu Mistrih
francis at lse.epita.fr
LSE | EPITA