[llvm-dev] [RFC] One or many git repositories?

Renato Golin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Sep 9 03:18:35 PDT 2016

On 9 September 2016 at 10:11, Alexander Benikowski
<sebal007 at googlemail.com> wrote:
> I'd vote for having each component in a seperated Repository and using a
> Monorepo with Submodules to work with.
> Since CLang depends on LLVM but not vice versa (if i am not mistaken. I'm
> new here), i'd prefer to just work with the LLVM repo if it is desired.

This is one of the options, yes. We currently have two proposals,
sub-modules and mono-repo. This thread is about the mono-repo only.

The sub-modules one does exactly what you describe, and will be
proposed at the same time as the mono-repo on the survey we'll create,
when you'll have opportunity to express your views.

cheers,
--renato