[llvm-dev] [cfe-dev] Revisiting our informal policy to support two versions of MSVC

Craig, Ben via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Sep 7 12:52:36 PDT 2016

Note that this is intentional from the MSVC C++ library implementation
side of things.  For major versions, no attempt is made to preserve
library ABI compatibility.

I am aware of a language ABI break in VC++ 2013.
https://randomascii.wordpress.com/2013/12/01/vc-2013-class-layout-change-and-wasted-space/

I'm not currently aware of any on the VC++ 2015 side of things, but that
doesn't mean much.