[llvm-dev] [cfe-dev] Buildbot General Failure - Production Stop?

Renato Golin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Sep 6 03:30:00 PDT 2016

On 6 September 2016 at 02:53, Zachary Turner <zturner at google.com> wrote:
> I can tell you that at least for one of the buildbots I follow, this is the
> last build that was actually tested.  You can see the slave losing
> connection with the master during the "ninja check 2" stage, and if you
> change the URL to look at build 15320 (the next build) you'll see that the
> "build stage 1" drops to 0 seconds and remains that way on subsequent
> builds.
>
> So, somewhere around SVN r280562 (Friday 17:38 Pacific Time) is going to be
> the last tested build, but each bot will be on a slightly different revision
> around that time.

Turns out Galina's refactoring has scrambled the source directories
around and our bots are completely nuts.

The commit we have identified as possible breakers was r280435, but
potentially more. We need this refactoring reverted immediately and
the master restarted, so we can cleanup our bot directories and start
fresh.

Any subsequent refactoring must be validated with buildbots owners
*before* going in.

Galina,

Can you please revert the changes and restart the master? Can anyone
else restart the master?

cheers,
--renato