[llvm-dev] [cfe-dev] Many bots don't build anything -- does anyone know why?

Renato Golin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Sep 5 15:00:24 PDT 2016

On 5 September 2016 at 22:54, Nico Weber <thakis at chromium.org> wrote:
> That's 4 days, and the clang_fast bots are still testing things. I expect
> that some stuff will be broken, but I don't think it'll be _that_ bad.

Ahn, that's good to hear.

>From our side, two of the bots have returned, and both are broken on
many (seemingly unrelated) tests. And they were the simplest ones.

Bisection will be hard with breakages on top of others, and it will
take a while to clean it up, which means more failures will trample
over...

Last time this happened to one of our bots, it took me three weeks to
we may be in it for the long run... :(

> +1 to fixing quickly, but from what I understand just reverting isn't enough
> since the master needs to be restarted after the revert for it to have an
> effect.

Indeed. It has to be Galina.

cheers,
--renato