[llvm-dev] [RFC] One or many git repositories?

Mehdi Amini via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Sep 3 19:59:26 PDT 2016

> On Sep 3, 2016, at 6:05 PM, Patrice Kouame <pkouame at mac.com> wrote:
>
> Someone mentioned llvm in a mono repository below…

Right, we actually have a proposal to take what is in the current SVN repo here: http://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/ and migrate this to a single repository.
I was not sure if you were referring to this proposal (monorepo) or to the recent emails about “external libraries” that GCC uses like  gmp and mpfr.

You can find more details here: https://reviews.llvm.org/D24167

If you have some good reasons why you would think a proposal would be problematic to you, or one would better fit your workflow, feel free to expose them now.

Best,

—
Mehdi