[llvm-dev] Publication of an llvm-based tool that protects against fault injection attacks

David Chisnall via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Sep 2 04:59:10 PDT 2016

On 2 Sep 2016, at 12:09, Renato Golin via llvm-dev <llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> On 2 September 2016 at 11:45, BARRY Thierno 241290 <Thierno.BARRY at cea.fr> wrote:
>> However, would it be possible to replace the current link (that points to my personal web page), by the official ACM link: https://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?doid=2858930.2858931 ? I apologize in advance for this back and forth.
>
> Hi,
>
> Well, that's a link to a paywall, and it wouldn't be fair to publish a
> link asking people to buy it, when there's a free version available.
>
> We do seem to have other links to ACM, so it wouldn't be a first...
> Are you concerned with bandwidth? Or just reference?

If it’s an ACM DL link, then it has the nice feature of counting downloads in a place that’s useful for aggregate bibliometrics.  It’s also the canonical version.

ACM has an ‘authorizer’ service that allows people to put links to publications on their personal sites that check the referrer and allow people past the paywall for a single article.  They might be willing to extend this for things like the LLVM publications page.  I can ask, if there’s some general interest in supporting this.

David