[llvm-dev] problem on compiling cuda program with clang++

Renato Golin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Oct 27 13:48:41 PDT 2016

On 27 October 2016 at 21:18, 李阳 <liyang.cs.cqu at gmail.com> wrote:
> 3. Althrough I can compile LLVM3.9 on TX1, I can not compile the CUDA
> program using `clang` tools. The error is "sys/cedfs.h no such file".

I'm assuming you compiled LLVM and you're using Clang on the Jetson board?

I don't know much about CUDA, but I think that if you left all the
check-boxes checked, JetPack installs *all* dependencies, drivers and
libraries on the user home directory (something like
/home/ubuntu/...).

If that's true, than finding the header you need is just a matter of running:

$ find $HOME -name cedfs.h

Once you find the directory where that file is (.../sys/cedfs.h), then
add it (without /sys/cedfs.h) to the compiler flags:

$ clang ... cuda options ... -isystem {the directory you found above}

This should at least get you over this problem.

cheers,
--renato