[llvm-dev] Buildbot blame emails broken?

Mike Edwards via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Oct 24 10:12:43 PDT 2016

Hi Pavel,
Email and IRC notifications originating from Green Dragon were turned off almost two weeks ago due to a network issue in the lab.  Nodes kept dropping offline and then blaming folks incorrectly.  We decided to stop spamming committers and Tim Northover has been filtering failure emails by hand (we all owe Tim a drink at the Dev Meeting!!).  We added a new switch last week and have been watching the nodes for the last few days to make sure they recovered as expected.  I have not talked with Tim yet today but our goal was to try and turn email and IRC notifications back on today.  We’ll send a notification to the list once the notifications have been re-enabled.  Our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.  We really appreciate everyone’s patience while we work through this issue.

Respectfully,

Mike Edwards
Apple Inc.