[llvm-dev] [RFC] Removing PowerPC/Darwin Support?

Hal Finkel via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Oct 21 09:52:51 PDT 2016

Hi James,

I agree, we should keep a mode that prints register names (instead of just the numbers). I lean toward having a verbose mode that is compatible with the GNU assembler, which means %r1 instead of just r1. gas will also accept that syntax, so it seems more useful than the Darwin syntax on current systems. What do you think?

 -Hal