[llvm-dev] Prioritizing an SDNode for scheduling

Ehsan Amiri via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Oct 21 07:29:11 PDT 2016

You can do this by changing instruction scheduling heuristics. I think the
more important question is if this correct always for all platforms.

I don't know which scheduler you use. We use GenericScheduler and
PostGenericScheduler before and after RA. These classes have a
::tryCandidate method which compares two instructions that can be legally
scheduled and decide which of the two should be scheduled. Currently these
method are target independent.

The correctness question still remains open for me.