[llvm-dev] [RFC] Removing PowerPC/Darwin Support?

Hal Finkel via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Oct 20 16:57:14 PDT 2016

Hi everyone,

I don't believe that anyone is currently using (a recent) LLVM on PowerPC/Darwin. As far as I know, Apple stopped supporting PowerPC hardware years ago. There is a significant amount of code in the PowerPC backend dedicated to Darwin support and removing it would make maintaining the rest of the backend easier. If anyone expects upcoming LLVM releases to continue to support PowerPC/Darwin, please speak up.

Thanks again,
Hal

--
Hal Finkel