[llvm-dev] Proposal: arbitrary relocations in constant global initializers

Chandler Carruth via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Oct 19 03:40:48 PDT 2016

I just want to point out that this thread is somewhat fragmented and very
long.

Also, the subject "arbitrary relocations in constant global initializers"
seems to have nothing to do with jump tables at first glance.

I understand that it may actually have something to do with them, but I
would never have guessed that was the problem you were setting out to solve
based on the subject or the first many pages of email.

I would suggest starting a fresh thread with a more brief and focused RFC,
ideally with the problem clearly identified in addition to the proposed
solution.

My 2 cents.
-Chandler