[llvm-dev] [SCEV] inconsistent operand ordering

Chawla, Pankaj via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Oct 18 11:36:17 PDT 2016

Thanks for fixing this Sanjoy!

I do have a few questions/suggestions on the fix if you don't mind.

1) Would this work correctly if the values are call instructions with no operands, like this-
%a = foo()
%b = bar()

2) From the way this function is set up, it looks like the emphasis is on saving compile time by trading off robustness. Is compile time such a big concern here that we want to fix this one test case at a time? We can perhaps use dominator logic to fix this once and for all.

3) When both instructions are in the same basic block, iterating the bblock and returning based on the instruction which is encountered first might be better.

Thanks,
Pankaj