[llvm-dev] [help] How to speed up compilation?

Sunghyun Park via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Oct 18 07:31:28 PDT 2016

Hi,It's first time to post question on community, so I'm not sure this is
right way to ask.
I'm hoping that someone can help me figure out how to speed up compilation.
I'm working on LLVM 4.0 and modifying clang for my own purpose.

It seems like after LLVM switches its compilation framework to cmake, the
compile time is largely increased. It took almost over an hour even though
I complies only certain files that I modified.
(Compiles by using 'make' command without 'make clean' previous compilation)
Sometimes my machine is frozen because of the compilation and dead after
couple of hours.

Any suggestion to speed up my compilation methodology?
Appreciate your valuable time.

--
Best, Sung