[llvm-dev] LCSSA verification for the top-level loops

Igor Laevsky via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Oct 14 09:54:14 PDT 2016

Hi Michael,

+CC llvm-dev

My guess is that it would be rather error prone to pinpoint exact places where we start populating new LPPassManager since it’s created lazily via LoopPass::assignPassManager. So we are risking to miss adding verifiers in some of the LPPassManager’s.

One similar idea is to introduce LCSSAVerifier function pass and make LCSSA pass to be dependant on it. That will allow me to check ‘getAnalysisIfAvaliable<LCSSAVerifier>’  inside of the LPPassManager and explicitly call LCSSA verification when it’s present. This feels a quite hacky, but in theory should work.

— Igor