[llvm-dev] GitHub Survey?

Renato Golin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Oct 13 15:16:28 PDT 2016

On 13 October 2016 at 23:03, Mehdi Amini <mehdi.amini at apple.com> wrote:
> I don’t see how it is relevant, it is presented in the document, in its own section, just like the other variants. I don’t see any reason asking about it.

The deal, from the beginning, was that we'd restrict ourselves to one
proposal, and make that count. It didn't work, so a second one was
created by a different group.

Both reviews happened in similar ways. Both sides started discussing,
then one side took over and the other gave up. Each part of the
document then became the point of view of a segregated group in our
community.

The sub-modules group had initially many designs, but only one
survived. It would be unfair if the mono-repo group had multiple
designs of their own, because that dilutes the importance of the other
group's work.

If you want to propose a third model, we'll have to do in the same
way: start over, with a new document, and discuss that.

The discussion that happened in the second proposal doesn't count,
because the first group wasn't participating any more, for the same
reasons that the second group didn't participate on the final steps of
the first proposal.

I don't want to favour either groups.

In my view, it shouldn't even be present in the document unless there
was a third round of discussions, which we don't have time for.

cheers,
--renato