[llvm-dev] Port to other Operating Systems

Robinson, Paul via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Oct 11 13:42:40 PDT 2016

I assume you are interested in hosts (not targets).  I'm not aware of any
documentation per se.  If your host OS is not Unix-like or Windows-like,
it will probably take some doing.  The first hurdle I can imagine is just
getting the build system to work for you; we use CMake, which might or
might not support your OS out of the box.  After that you'd likely need
to do some work in the source itself; we try to isolate much of the
platform-dependent stuff in llvm/lib/Support but I think there are some
other places scattered around that are still under conditional compilation.

+John Reagan who is point man for a project to (ultimately) bootstrap
Clang for OpenVMS.  He might have a better idea what's needed, although
last I talked to him they were going to use cross-compilation for quite
some time.

Hope this helps,
--paulr