[llvm-dev] iOS Parsing Error

Alex L via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Oct 11 02:42:34 PDT 2016

On 11 October 2016 at 08:59, Johan Wehrli via llvm-dev <
llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When compiling mumble-iphone from https://github.com/
> mumble-voip/mumble-iphoneos I had a parser error on the file
> CodeOutputStream.m (form https://github.com/booyah/protobuf-objc/tree/
> 696b7b61cdd4e8d77c55ace98b3119194fa04b7f).
>
> I know that the code form protobuf is old but maybe there is an issue in
> the parser.
>
> I get the following error (this is working well with the llvm from Apple):
>
> /src/runtime/Classes/CodedOutputStream.m:389:47: current parser token '{'
> clang-3.9: error: unable to execute command: Segmentation fault: 11
>
> I have no experience with the front-end but it seems that the issue is at
> the end of the file (I have attached the file).
>
> If you remove the function writeRawLittleEndian32 and
> writeRawLittleEndian64, the parser does not indicate any error (maybe the
> error is in writeRawVarint64 and it is propagate to the next function).

Hi Johan,

I tried reproducing this issue with clang-3.9 and top of tree clang but I
failed with both. Can you please describe your exact configuration and
compiler arguments? Running clang with the `-v` option turned on should
give you this information.

As well as that, can you please attach the exact preprocessed output of
'CodedOutputStream.m' as well? You can obtain it by running `clang -E` on
that file.

Cheers,
Alex