[llvm-dev] Statepoint GC : relocations on exceptional path

Dmitry Olshansky via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Oct 10 03:26:24 PDT 2016

Hi Sanjoy,

First of all, a brief introduction. I'm Dmitry Olshansky software engineer
at Google, we are currently working on experimental implementation of Dart
language on top of LLVM. So far we had been successfully following the
statepoint GC approach with some good results.

However one of problems that cropped up is related to item on the docs:
http://llvm.org/docs/Statepoints.html#problem-areas-and-active-work
. Namely  "Relocations along exceptional paths are currently broken in
ToT." For us the problem is relocations exceptional path fail an assertion
with a type mismatch - expected "token" but got landing pad instruction. We
thought that you must have had faced the same issues with Azul's LLVM
engine, so might share a couple of pointers.

----
Dmitry Olshansky
Software Engineer
Google inc.