[llvm-dev] (Thin)LTO llvm build

Teresa Johnson via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Oct 3 13:54:02 PDT 2016

Aha - finally reproduced! The difference is using ld.bfd not ld.gold. With
that I get the same failure (using 3.9 to build 3.9 sources):

/usr/local/google/home/tejohnson/binutils_build/install/bin/ld:
bin/lldb-3.9.1: hidden symbol `__morestack' in
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.8/libgcc.a(morestack.o) is referenced by DSO
/usr/local/google/home/tejohnson/binutils_build/install/bin/ld: final link
failed: Bad value
clang-3.9: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see
invocation)

I am not sure what the official support story is for LLVMgold.so and
ld.bfd. As mentioned earlier, the LLVM site indicates it should use the
gold linker. Can you use that while I try to figure out whether this is
something that should be supported/working?

Thanks,
Teresa

--
Teresa Johnson |  Software Engineer |  tejohnson at google.com |  408-460-2413