[llvm-dev] Using C++14 code in LLVM

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Oct 2 13:46:59 PDT 2016

On Sun, Oct 2, 2016 at 12:43 PM, Joerg Sonnenberger via llvm-dev <
llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 02, 2016 at 12:31:50PM -0700, Mehmet Erol Sanliturk via
> llvm-dev wrote:
> > For example : A program is using C++14 which is compilable with GCC .
> When
> > it is tried to be compiled with CLang , it is failing because CLang does
> > not have C++14 features .
>
> Given that clang and libc++ have supported C++14 quite early and faster
> than GCC, I find that a strange statement without qualification. Note
> that clang is often used with gcc as runtime and that can break various
> things.
>
> Joerg

My CLang version was older because of operating system Linux version .
If a new version of CLang is installed , it was breaking some packages of
operating system .
If an old version of CLang ( supplied by the operating system as default )
is used , it was not able to compile "New" packages .

For that reason , my statement has become incomplete , but , my intention
is that covering standards in succession in sufficient detail may be useful
for inclusion more compilable packages and wide spread usability of the
compiler whatever it is .

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk