[llvm-dev] (Thin)LTO llvm build

Carsten Mattner via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Oct 1 11:43:44 PDT 2016

On Sat, Oct 1, 2016 at 4:40 PM, Teresa Johnson <tejohnson at google.com> wrote:

> I completely forgot to add -Wl,--gc-sections. The *-sections options enables
> gc-sections to work effectively. (edit: oh wait, it looks like you already have
> that one on your link command, so you should be set there!)
>
> Unfortunately, I just can't reproduce the DSO link error you are getting.
> I've tried building head bits with a 3.9 compiler, and 3.9 bits with the
> 3.9 compiler, to no avail.

Thanks for looking into this. I'm chasing a more urgent bug this weekend,
so may not get around to another test for a day or two.

> Can you zip up all of the inputs to your link and make it available to me?

With my upload bandwidth it would be very impractical, sorry.
How about I share my scripts I use to checkout, configure and build?

Should I try building trunk in ThinLTO mode using 3.9? I mean, is trunk
considered stable enough for building and later use as occasional
CC/CXX? I might try the build regardles, just to check...