[llvm-dev] Loop Vectorize: Testing cost model driven transformations

Matthew Simpson via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Nov 30 11:49:39 PST 2016

That's right. In your example, if the target isn't specified anywhere, an
llc invocation would be equivalent to "llc
-mtriple=x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu -mcpu=generic". TTI queries (in e.g.,
CodeGenPrepare) would be based on this. From opt, if the target triple is
left unspecified, we will use the "base" TTI implementation (not x86).

-- Matt