[llvm-dev] Loop Vectorize: Testing cost model driven transformations

Matthew Simpson via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Nov 30 10:58:06 PST 2016

On Wed, Nov 30, 2016 at 1:04 PM, Michael Kuperstein via llvm-dev <
llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> So, just to make sure I understand, what is getting a specific TTI in llc
> triggered off? -mcpu?

Right, TTI would be determined by the target specified in the IR or set
explicitly with the -m flags. My understanding is that if the target is
left unspecified in the IR and not set with the -m flags, llc will generate
code for the default target listed in the output of "llc --version".

-- Matt