[llvm-dev] FMA canonicalization in IR

Philip Reames via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Nov 24 20:58:58 PST 2016

On 11/19/2016 11:38 PM, Hal Finkel via llvm-dev wrote:
> [...]
This proposal - cost model instruction patterns, not just instructions -
keeps coming up in a number of contexts.  We've seen a number of
proposals recently to add intrinsics at various places in the pipeline
to get around this limitation.  Investing in infrastructure to solve
this problem via the cost model seems like a generally useful path
forward which would benefit far more than FMA.