[llvm-dev] Saving private DebugInfo

Dmitriy Matveev via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Nov 24 14:25:30 PST 2016

Hi all,

Sometimes llvm::UpgradeDebugInfo
<http://llvm.org/docs/doxygen/html/namespacellvm.html#ad3c29183c5faa7f5a352807af8aca268>
drops
debug info which is pretty compatible with recent llvm version (
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/27023713/missing-debug-metadata-in-llvm-after-xcode-update
)
and sometimes it drops something really outdated, but acceptable for me. In
both cases I want to keep it, but AFAIK there is no API for this.

I've tried to strip libLLVMCore from that method and it forked for me just
fine, but something has changed in llvm 3.9 and now I can't link with
against hacked libLLVMCore. (
https://travis-ci.org/okutane/sanity/jobs/169662912 line 979 )

What can I do? The best solution for me would be "configuration" of
how LLVMParseIRInContext
deals with "outdated" debug info, but I'm open to any workarounds. :D

Best regards, Dmitry.