[llvm-dev] uninitialized values in Attributes.cpp

regehr via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Nov 20 15:50:35 PST 2016

> If 3.9 shipped with these issues (assuming these are not false positive), it would be interesting to 1) know why the sanitizers didn’t catch it, and 2) add valgrind to the release qualification process (CC Hans).

Yes, I'd be interested to see some corroboration.  Note that the issue
here is pretty specific: it only happens during optimized compile using
Clang-3.9.

This is all I did:

1. checkout LLVM/clang trunk

2. make sure clang in path is clang-3.9

3.

cmake .. -GNinja -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=RelWithDebInfo
-DLLVM_ENABLE_ASSERTIONS=On -DCMAKE_CXX_COMPILER=clang++
-DCMAKE_C_COMPILER=clang -DLLVM_LIT_ARGS="-v --vg"

4.

ninja check

John