[llvm-dev] Accessing the associated LLVM IR Instruction for an SDNode used in instruction selection (back end)

Alex Susu via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Nov 11 05:59:03 PST 2016

   Hello.
     I would like to ask for your advice in the following problem I have: some of the
SDNodes are created in the phases following the generation of the SelectionDAG, namely DAG
combiner (DAGCombiner.cpp), type (LegalizeTypes.h) and DAG operation legalization. While
the SelectionDAGBuilder class already has the map:
       DenseMap<const Value*, SDValue> NodeMap;
    from LLVM IR Value to SDValue/SDNode, the other classes do NOT have such maps, so I
need to create them myself and merge them in a map containing all associations.

     Do you know a better way to retrieve the associated LLVM IR Instruction for an
already created SDNode?

   Thank you,
     Alex