[llvm-dev] Enforcing that an intrinsic takes a struct

Louis Li via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Nov 3 19:48:54 PDT 2016

Hi there -- new to LLVM development. I'm trying to define an intrinsic
function that takes a pointer to an LLVM struct type (e.g., MyStruct*).
def int_mynewintrinsic  : Intrinsic<[], [llvm_ptr_ty]>

>From what I can see in Intrinsics.td, it's only possible to specify that it
takes some pointer, whose responsibility is it to enforce / how can I
enforce that the pointer points to a struct of the desired type?

Related question: Intrinsic has the signature below, but nearly all of the
functions do not define name "" -- why do some do it and some don't? (e.g.,
llvm.va_copy does)

class Intrinsic<list<LLVMType> ret_types,
                list<LLVMType> param_types = [],
                list<IntrinsicProperty> properties = [],
                string name = ""> :

Thanks,
Louis