[llvm-dev] (RFC) Encoding code duplication factor in discriminator

Hal Finkel via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Nov 1 13:04:17 PDT 2016

----- Original Message -----

Yes, it will need to predict how the transformation would affect the blocks produced. That does not seem problematic (at least at a coarse level). Yes, if transformations made earlier in the pipeline make different decisions, then that will invalidate later fine-grained data (at least potentially). I don't see how any of this makes this infeasible. We just need a way for the profiling counts, per descriminator, to remain available, and for the transformations themselves to know which discriminators (loop ids, or whatever) to consider.

-Hal

--

Hal Finkel
Leadership Computing Facility