[llvm-dev] Signed Division and InstCombine

Dilan Manatunga via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue May 31 16:02:20 PDT 2016

Just to verify, a 16-bit divion of INT16_MIN  by -1 results in INT16_MIN
again?

If the issue only occurs in this case, why aren't there checks to see if we
can simplify sdiv in cases where we know that numerator is not INT16_MIN or
the denominator is not -1. For example, we could simplify divides involving
one operand constants. Is it because this case is most likely rare?

-Dilan