[llvm-dev] Status of the official LLVM APT repositories

Paweł Bylica via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue May 31 02:24:26 PDT 2016

On Thu, May 26, 2016 at 12:07 AM Sylvestre Ledru <sylvestre at debian.org>
wrote:

> Le 09/05/2016 à 16:59, Paweł Bylica a écrit :
>
> On Mon, May 9, 2016 at 4:46 PM Sylvestre Ledru <sylvestre at debian.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Le 09/05/2016 à 07:34, Paweł Bylica a écrit :
>> > llvm-3.8-dev is broken:
>> >
>> > CMake Error at /usr/share/llvm-3.8/cmake/LLVMConfig.cmake:178 (include):
>> >   include could not find load file:
>> >
>> >     /usr/share/llvm/cmake/LLVMExports.cmake
>> Brad King helped me and it should be fixed in the next few days/weeks.
>>

> Will the fix be included in the next build?
>
> It should be included now.

Sorry to inform about that but the packages are in worse condition than
before:

   1. Firstly, the cmake shared files have been moved from
   /usr/share/llvm/cmake to /usr/lib/llvm-3.8/share/llvm/cmake. The previous
   location was searched by cmake by default so cmake was able to find LLVM
   package without any additional help.
   2. The cmake shared files refers at least one non-existing/not-installed
   libraries:

    CMake Error at
/usr/lib/llvm-3.8/share/llvm/cmake/LLVMExports.cmake:1034 (message):
      The imported target "PollyISL" references the file

         "/usr/lib/llvm-3.8/lib/libPollyISL.a"

      but this file does not exist.  Possible reasons include:

      * The file was deleted, renamed, or moved to another location.

      * An install or uninstall procedure did not complete successfully.

      * The installation package was faulty and contained

         "/usr/lib/llvm-3.8/share/llvm/cmake/LLVMExports.cmake"

      but not all the files it references.

    Call Stack (most recent call first):
      /usr/lib/llvm-3.8/share/llvm/cmake/LLVMConfig.cmake:173 (include)
      CMakeLists.txt:30 (find_package)