[llvm-dev] [LibFuzzer] Recent performance regression due to r270942

Kostya Serebryany via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat May 28 22:28:12 PDT 2016

On Fri, May 27, 2016 at 11:50 PM, Dan Liew <dan at su-root.co.uk> wrote:

> On 27 May 2016 at 21:26, Kostya Serebryany <kcc at google.com> wrote:
> > Done. r271095
>
> Thanks that fixed the issue for me. But now ``fuzzer.test`` is failing
> for me. Specifically
>
> ```
>  not LLVMFuzzer-NullDerefTest -close_fd_mask=3 2>&1 | FileCheck %s
> --check-prefix=NullDerefTest
> ```
>
> However it looks like this is to be expected because this test is
> relying on the symbol ``__sanitizer_set_report_fd`` to be defined
> however my version compiler-rt is a slightly too old and doesn't have
> this symbol. r271046 seems to add this so I will rebuild the version
> of clang I use to build LibFuzzer.

This will happen periodically.
libFuzzer tests are only expected to work with the same revision of
clang+compiler-rt.
We try to keep libFuzzer *mostly* compatible with the older versions of
clang
(thus the code is "if (weak_fun) weak_func()" and not just "weak_func()"),
but the tests need freshest clang+asan

--kcc