[llvm-dev] Adapting and open-sourcing PGI's Fortran frontend for LLVM

Neely, Rob via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu May 26 13:57:10 PDT 2016

Chad, et al,

In addition to Doug’s excellent technical update, I’ll note that we are
starting to have some discussions on the DOE side with PGI about
establishing a more formal review team made up of some key LLVM
stakeholders to help smooth the way for a broader public rollout of the
Flang code base and eventual integration. We’ll probably rely on Hal and
others here to help us figure out who that group might be. My expectation
is that it would involve a few WebEx/telecons on an as-needed basis
(perhaps quarterly?) starting later this summer when code starts to move
out of PGI’s internal systems and into a private github space. Stay tuned
- we (both DOE and PGI) are keenly interested in doing what we can to make
this successful.

—Rob Neely, LLNL