[llvm-dev] Potential ambiguity in the grammar of LLVM IR assembly

Robin Eklind via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed May 25 19:02:32 PDT 2016

Hello Mehdi,

Thank you for bringing this to our awareness. I've been looking into the
3.8 release of LLVM. Would you happen to know if r269096 was part of
this realese?

lli running on my system is capable of handling unnamed global
variables, so I'd imagine so.

u at x1 ~> lli -version
LLVM (http://llvm.org/):
   LLVM version 3.8.0
   Optimized build.
   Built May  7 2016 (15:37:50).
   Default target: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
   Host CPU: broadwell

Cheers /u