[llvm-dev] Interested in writing for the LLVM blog?
Tanya Lattner via llvm-dev
llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon May 23 09:30:14 PDT 2016
> On May 18, 2016, at 12:59 AM, David Chisnall <David.Chisnall at cl.cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> On 18 May 2016, at 07:45, Alex Denisov via llvm-dev <llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
>> Hi everybody,
>> I do write some Clang/LLVM related articles on my blog, and I will be happy to write for LLVM’s blog.
>> However, I can’t omit bike-shedding :)
>> Forgive me my directness, but current blog doesn’t look like something close to 2016.
>> The blog already has lots of great articles. But it’s so hard to grasp valuable information when you have to read non-highlighted C++ code.
> Sorry for the bikeshedding, but the readability of the blog is also hampered considerably by re-posting all of the LLVM Weekly entries there. It’s already easy to subscribe to them at http://llvmweekly.org (which has its own RSS feed and is a great resource), but having copies of them make up 90% of the posts on blog.llvm.org makes it very difficult to find the remaining 10%.
> Please can we stop cross-posting LLVM Weekly to the LLVM blog instead promote links to llvmweekly.org (and, ideally, to the most recent 4-5 articles) to the front page of llvm.org and to the blogs.llvm.org?
This is a reasonable suggestion. LLVM Weekly is an amazing resource which is why we wanted it on the blog. However, it may be better to link directly to it from the website as you suggest.
More information about the llvm-dev