[llvm-dev] Phabricator not getting all comments sent by email?

Justin Bogner via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu May 19 13:11:15 PDT 2016

James Y Knight via llvm-dev <llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> writes:
> GAH! Sigh.... :(
>
> That is indeed what it does. See stripQuotedText
> in src/applications/metamta/parser/PhabricatorMetaMTAEmailBodyParser.php if
> anyone's interested in hacking on php code, it looks like it might be
> fairly straightforward to have it strip only the lines starting with ">"
> after the "On ... wrote:" line.

Wouldn't that be confusing? Such comments tend to refer to the quoted
text just before the comment. We'd probably want to keep some arbitrary
number of the quoted lines before each comment or something.

Note also that if we fix that we should probably also teach phab not to
re-send comments to the list when the list and phab were both on cc.
AFAICT any top posted comments on phab reviews show up on the list twice
currently, once from the author and once from phab.