[llvm-dev] specify dag pattern for an instructions

Nemanja Ivanovic via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon May 16 04:19:50 PDT 2016

It sounds like you want to specify a target-specific DAG combine. I'm sure
most targets have many examples of this, but I'm familiar with PPC, so you
can have a look at the node ISD::SIGN_EXTEND in
lib/Target/PowerPC/PPCISelLowering.cpp. We specify in the target
constructor that there's a DAG combine for the node (
setTargetDAGCombine(ISD::SIGN_EXTEND);). Then we specify what to do with it
in PPCTargetLowering::PerformDAGCombine. Of course, the semantics are very
different from what you're trying to do, but I think the general approach
is what you're looking for (i.e. note that there's a target-specific DAG
combine, then specify the details of the combine).

I hope this helps and that I haven't misunderstood your question.
Nemanja