[llvm-dev] compiler-rt: inconsistant build of i386 support on x86_64

Brooks Davis via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed May 11 21:14:41 PDT 2016

Hi Chris,

I ended up hacking the CMakeFiles to never check for -m32 support on
x86_64 which allowed me to produce a consistent set of files across our
supported systems.  I concluded that there was no way I could enumerate
all the ways -m32 might be broken and thus decide to add the i386 files
to the packing list so it was best to just never try to build them.

I'd much prefer a system where you asked for a target and either cmake
determined it could build it or failed.  It sounds like that's the
direction you're heading.

Thanks,
Brooks