[llvm-dev] "No machine model for <op> on processor"?

Phil Tomson via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed May 11 19:46:08 PDT 2016

I'm trying to figure out if our itinerary definitions are actually doing
anything (I'm thinking not, but I'm not entirely sure how to debug
itineraries). I ran:

llvm-tblgen -I ../../../include/ --gen-subtarget
--debug-only=subtarget-emitter  XSTG.td

And in the output I see lots of messages like

"Itinerary for ADDF32_RI: II_ADDSUBF
No machine model for ADDF32_RI on processor XSTGGenericItinerariesModel"

Is this something to be concerned about?

The relevant defs are in our XSTGSchedule.td:

def ALU : FuncUnit;
def FPU : FuncUnit;
def AGU : FuncUnit;
def DMA : FuncUnit;
def QMA : FuncUnit;
def II_ADDSUBF        : InstrItinClass;  // addF, subF, cmpF
def XSTGGenericItineraries : ProcessorItineraries<[ALU,FPU,AGU,DMA,QMA],
[], [

  InstrItinData< II_ADDSUBF,   [InstrStage<3, [ALU]>]>,
}

Phil