[llvm-dev] Resuming the discussion of establishing an LLVM code of conduct

Joachim Durchholz via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat May 7 02:17:04 PDT 2016

Am 07.05.2016 um 01:25 schrieb Renato Golin:
> This proves my point that you see in my words intentions that didn't
> exist. In the same way you saw Joachim making a joke that I don't
> think he made.

In fact I was not making a joke.
Those parts of Renato's analysis that have been working on that
assumption are spot on.

> I also don't think he was advocating that some harassment could be let
> go, only that there are different ways to deal with it. I think this
> is a perfectly valid point of view.

Exactly.

> We may need some discretion on our side, to avoid even more
> harassment, but any public decision (ex. bans) will end up public
> anyway, and for any of those that will happen we'll need a pretty
> solid case, or the image we're trying to save will only be destroyed.

Actually, for me, this very discussion has destroyed that image already.

So... bye to all, I already unsubscribed (I got to answer this message
only because I got CC'd due to attempts at fighting the list's header
mangling).

To those who think "good riddance": I'm not blaming you, just consider
that I'm part of a demographic just like those who need a CoC. Include
one and you lose the other, and you don't have solid data about the size
or quality of each demographic.

Regards,
Jo