[llvm-dev] RFC: metadata attachments for global variables

Adrian Prantl via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri May 6 13:30:40 PDT 2016

You have my full support! I actually started implementing this to fix the problem outlined in http://reviews.llvm.org/D18109, but then was side-tracked by some ThinLTO work. I’ve attached my early stage WIP patch to the D18109, in case you are interested in looking at it and/or picking up from there. There are some interesting challenges, such as the fact that we need to support more than one !dbg attachement per global and the need to replace constants in the global field with DIExpressions that I haven’t tackled yet.

-- adrian