[llvm-dev] Resuming the discussion of establishing an LLVM code of conduct

Renato Golin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri May 6 13:29:59 PDT 2016

On 6 May 2016 at 21:16, Chandler Carruth <chandlerc at gmail.com> wrote:
> So I don't really know where the issue you cite falls. I can imagine
> context where it could go either way, and I would hope that the committee
> pays a *lot* of attention to that kind of context.

If the committee is open to scrutiny, this kind of problem solves
itself via external auditing.

So, if we had three or four people elected by the community to engage
with the committee on extreme cases where the response was deemed
unsatisfactory by a number of people, the committee itself wouldn't
need to be elected.

cheers,
--renato