[llvm-dev] Resuming the discussion of establishing an LLVM code of conduct

C Bergström via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu May 5 21:54:57 PDT 2016

I think there's a big difference.

s/dictator/benevolent dictator

Why would wanting you to step up to be a benevolent dictator be
concerning? "the community" isn't going to be a democracy and will
settle for being a republic, but how that's even done isn't even
decided yet.. Right now the whole thing is more like a "tribe"..  if
you look at other projects which have a benevolent dictator, some are
successful and responsibility just lies more on one person than
others. Which frankly, most people should trust *you* to do the right
thing, I would..

Has anyone expressed a concern with nominating you as the benevolent dictator?