[llvm-dev] Status of new pass manager work

Sean Silva via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu May 5 18:08:46 PDT 2016

On Thu, May 5, 2016 at 1:52 PM, Chandler Carruth <chandlerc at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, May 5, 2016 at 1:50 PM Sean Silva <chisophugis at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, May 5, 2016 at 1:24 PM, Chandler Carruth <chandlerc at gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> My preference would be to keep the participation in a set local to the
>>> analysis implementation.
>>>

>> Do you envision a generic set mechanism or just a couple hardcoded sets?
>>

> Honestly haven't spent enough time looking at it to be terribly specific.
> This was just some ideas tossed around with Justin I'm afraid.
>
> If this is an area you want to work on, try some things out and propose it?

I may try my hand at getting a simple `preserveAllCFGAnalyses(PA)` in place
so that we at least can represent that semantic where it is needed instead
of leaving FIXME comments.

I'll leave it to you and Justin to come up with the right design, since you
guys have it all in your heads; I'm fairly clueless about this stuff.
Whatever you guys ultimately settle on you should be able to migrate to it
with a simple NFC search and replace of the `preserveAllCFGAnalyses(PA)`
calls.

-- Sean Silva