[llvm-dev] How to use -ds-aa in llvm

John Criswell via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu May 5 17:00:04 PDT 2016

Dear Kai,

I believe we disabled the -ds-aa pass in DSA.  It would not take much
for someone to revive it, but no one in our research group was using it,
so we deprecated it.

You can still use the DSGraphs directly for performing the alias
queries, though, if you can get DSA compiled for your particular version
of LLVM.  It works with LLVM 3.2, and we have an LLVM 3.7 version at
https://github.com/jtcriswell/llvm-dsa.

I think we'll get the SVN version updated, but that's for a GSoC
student, and first I need to get out from underneath end-of-semester
grading.

Regards,

John Criswell

On 5/5/16 7:55 PM, Kai Wang via llvm-dev wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to use DSA alias analysis in LLVM. Is -ds-aa pass in poolalloc?
> I'm trying to build poolalloc, but I found a post saying that "The
> -ds-aa pass was removed from poolalloc".
> How can I use -ds-aa pass?
>
> Thank you.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Kai

John Criswell
Assistant Professor
Department of Computer Science, University of Rochester
http://www.cs.rochester.edu/u/criswell